GOOGLE’S MOBILE-FRIENDLY TEST
As of Tuesday, April 21, 2015, mobile search results on Google favor mobile-friendly websites.
Do you want to know if your WordPress (or other) website is mobile-friendly?
Google has a simple test for this:
- Visit Google’s mobile-friendly test at https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly.
- Enter the url for your website. For example, mine is www.chrismcmullen.wordpress.com.
- Press the Analyze button. Cross your fingers. Wait patiently for the results.
If Google says, “Awesome! This page is mobile-friendly,” you’re in good shape. Congratulations! You should buy a t-shirt that says, “I survived Mobigeddon!”
Most WordPress blogs are probably mobile-friendly. If you’re using an outdated WordPress theme, that could be an issue. If so, check out this WordPress article.
If your website isn’t mobile-friendly and it’s not due to an outdated WordPress theme, try exploring the resources on Google’s mobile-friendly test page.
Copyright © 2015
Chris McMullen, Author of A Detailed Guide to Self-Publishing with Amazon and Other Online Booksellers
- Volume 1 on formatting and publishing
- Volume 2 on marketability and marketing
- 4-in-1 Boxed set includes both volumes and more