It’s only one moment. What can it matter?
- All too often, it’s long enough to disrupt the perfect opportunity for a first kiss.
- In a race, it can make the difference between a gold medal and last place.
- It’s just enough time to lose that great idea.
- One moment can determine whether the game-tying shot lands in the basket just in the nick of time or too late.
- “Excuse me. Can you please spare a moment,” is long enough for an unexpected sales pitch to cost you a good deal of cash.
- You might wait for it all of your life, while you pass millions of others by.
- For light, it may make a difference of a million miles.
- When you’re bored out of your mind, it becomes incredibly long.
- But when you’re having the time of your life, it’s gone before you know it.
- That’s all it takes to lose your temper.
- On the way to the emergency room, it can make the difference between life and death.
- In an apocalyptic novel, it will save the entire planet and all of civilization.
- A moment could be that critical stage between too soon and too late.
- It’s short enough to forget, yet long enough to savor.
A moment. So short. Yet sometimes so long.
Some of those moments are the most precious of our lives.
And yet one moment seems so long when they put you on hold on the phone for a moment……
That is so true!
…or waiting in a lineup in a store.
Don’t get behind me. I’m always in the slowest line. Even after I change lines. 🙂
No no, you have us mixed up. That’s me. 😉
This rings so true and is such good food for thought. So many significant moments go unappreciated and unseen. Thanks for sharing!