It’s only one moment. What can it matter?
- All too often, it’s long enough to disrupt the perfect opportunity for a first kiss.
- In a race, it can make the difference between a gold medal and last place.
- It’s just enough time to lose that great idea.
- One moment can determine whether the game-tying shot lands in the basket just in the nick of time or too late.
- “Excuse me. Can you please spare a moment,” is long enough for an unexpected sales pitch to cost you a good deal of cash.
- You might wait for it all of your life, while you pass millions of others by.
- For light, it may make a difference of a million miles.
- When you’re bored out of your mind, it becomes incredibly long.
- But when you’re having the time of your life, it’s gone before you know it.
- That’s all it takes to lose your temper.
- On the way to the emergency room, it can make the difference between life and death.
- In an apocalyptic novel, it will save the entire planet and all of civilization.
- A moment could be that critical stage between too soon and too late.
- It’s short enough to forget, yet long enough to savor.
A moment. So short. Yet sometimes so long.
Some of those moments are the most precious of our lives.