What could you do with one inch?
- Live another forty years because the bullet just missed your heart.
- Turn a very long foul ball into a homerun.
- Squeeze into an old pair of jeans.
- Score a hole-in-one instead of lipping out.
- Get your tongue to touch your nose.
- Make the difference between a tennis ace and a double fault.
- Scratch an itch on your back that’s just beyond reach.
- Be just tall enough to block the basketball so it doesn’t fall in for a three-pointer.
- Store terabytes of information by manipulating trillions of electrons.
- End the inning with a strikeout instead of giving up a bases-loaded walk.
- Deliver the mail and shut the gate just before a dog snaps its jaws around your ankle.
- Edge out a competing horse in a photo finish.
- Go on the roller coaster with the big kids, instead of crying and watching from the outside.
- Have your golf ball stay in bounds instead of needing to walk back to the teebox.
- Entice someone to ask for a whole mile.
An inch. So tiny. Yet sometimes so big.
You can’t walk a mile without first walking an inch.
Never underestimate the power of an inch. Very wise words.
The power of an inch… I like it. 🙂
I like this, I like it a lot.
Thank you. I always have a little anxiety when writing a different kind of post. 🙂
This is awesome. So true and wonderful food for thought!
I’m glad you enjoyed it. 🙂
I’m glad to hear it. 🙂
On our last deep sea fishing excursion, one inch meant that I couldn’t keep the sailfish I brought into the boat and had to hold the flag in the photo op instead.
That’s right. Inches apply to fishing, too. Sorry to hear it was an inch short.
Great post, and so true, as Hedwig and the Angry Inch would testify. 🙂
Thank you. 🙂
sknicholls sent me and I am so glad she did. Not everyone has the ability to look from so many different perspectives. Thank you.
Thank you for coming over and leaving a nice comment. 🙂
You are quite welcome.