See if you can relate to this comprehensive list of indie publishing challenges. Toward the end of Charles’ post (and perhaps in the comments), you’ll find some suggestions for dealing with these issues.
I had a thought yesterday that birthed a panic attack that my dear friend Ionia had to smack me out of. I think she rather enjoyed it a bit too much and I’m still looking for my missing contact lens, which is weird since I wear glasses. There’s also been a phone ringing for the last 24 hours.
Seriously though, take a look at what an Indie Author has to face:
- Negative Reviews
- Abusive Reviews
- Abusive e-mails, FB comments, & Tweets
- Pressure of writing another book
- Writer’s Block
- Marketing failures
- Finding marketing sites
- Bad sales days
- No sales days
- Amazon rankings
- People reacting to your rankings falling as if it’s time to pack in the dreams and head for the nearest cubicle.
- Finding time to write
- Hate sites if you get that far
- Haters if you make a wrong move
- Illegal downloads of your book
- Returns of your book
View original post 501 more words