KINDLE UNLIMITED PAGES READ: APRIL, 2016
The Kindle Unlimited per-page rate improved nearly 4% up to $0.00495663 for April, 2016. (Compare this to $0.00477885 for March, 2016.)
This is up 21% over January’s rate of $0.00411. A nice trend.
The KDP Select Global Fund held steady at $14.9M for April, 2016 (identical to March).
The improved per-page rate and steady global fund are positive indicators. The nearly $15M per month global fund is a huge amount paid out in royalties to indie authors (and that’s on top of royalties for sales). The per-page rate has almost returned to half a penny per page. When many critics have predicted a drop below $0.004 to come fast, the payment has nearly returned to $0.005.
These trends are consistent with seasonal effects of the original Kindle Unlimited version as well as the original Prime KOLL borrows back before Kindle Unlimited was introduced. The payments for borrows were always lower during the holidays and increased significantly afterward.
In other countries:
- United Kingdom: £0.00315 per page (British pounds).
- Germany: €0.00333 per page (Euro).
- Canada: $0.00487 per page (Canadian dollars).
- India: ₹0.108 per page (Indian rupees).
- Brazil: R$0.0114 per page (Brazilian Real).
Write happy, be happy.
Copyright © 2016
Chris McMullen, Author of A Detailed Guide to Self-Publishing with Amazon and Other Online Booksellers
- Volume 1 on formatting and publishing
- Volume 2 on marketability and marketing
- 4-in-1 Boxed set includes both volumes and more
- Kindle Formatting Magic (coming soon)