HOW TO GET MORE AMAZONS FOLLOWERS
Amazon just announced a new tool designed to help authors generate many more Amazon followers.
First, let me give a little background:
- Customers can follow their favorite authors directly at Amazon.com.
- It seems ideal for both customers and authors, EXCEPT…
- Unfortunately, most customers don’t think to do this.
- Customers need to visit the author page and click the button to follow the author. Few do it, presently.
- Amazon lets you send an email to your Amazon followers after publishing a new Kindle edition. But first, you need Amazon followers.
So just imagine how awesome it would be IF…
- Amazon offered a tool to help authors generate more Amazon follows.
- Through this tool, Amazon motivated customers to follow authors.
- Many customers took advantage of this opportunity to follow authors of interest.
- Amazon follows rose from a mere dozen to hundreds or thousands for many authors.
- When you publish your next Kindle e-book, you could send an email through Amazon to hundreds or thousands of Amazon followers.
This seems like a distinct possibility now.
Here is how it works:
- Visit the product page for a print edition of your book. (Don’t have one? Check out CreateSpace.)
- Update: You no longer need a print edition if you publish through KDP.
- Scroll down to the bottom. Click on the option to list an Amazon giveaway.
- Check the box to require contestants to follow you on Amazon. (This is new!)
- Everyone who enters the contest now also follows you on Amazon.
- The next time you publish via KDP, you’ll be invited to notify your Amazon followers of your latest e-book.
In the past, you could only generate Twitter followers or require contestants to watch a YouTube video.
Now, you can require contestants to simply follow you on Amazon.
Finally, Amazon came up with an idea to help authors generate more Amazon follows.
It’s a win-win-win situation:
- Customers don’t have to hunt down the author through social media or newsletters. Follow authors right on Amazon.
- Customers get a chance to win free print books in exchange for becoming Amazon followers.
- Authors get exposure through the giveaway and grow their Amazon following.
- Amazon, of course, sells more books.
MY AMAZON GIVEAWAY
Click the following link or image to enter my Amazon giveaway for a chance to win my mathematical pattern puzzles book.
When you enter the contest, you’ll become one of my Amazon followers. It will keep you updated of new books that I publish.
AMAZON GIVEAWAY TIPS
- When your Amazon Giveaway goes live, tweet about it.
- Click the link in the giveaway email to tweet about it through Twitter.
- Be sure to leave the #AmazonGiveaway hashtag in the tweet. This posts your tweet to the Amazon Giveaway page.
- I’ve had better luck not adding an image directly to the tweet. (The cover for your book will probably still show automatically.) I seem to get more exposure by not including my own image.
- Add 1 or 2 relevant hashtags to your tweet.
Write happy, be happy. 🙂
Copyright © 2015
Chris McMullen, Author of A Detailed Guide to Self-Publishing with Amazon and Other Online Booksellers
Click here to view my Goodreads author page.
- Volume 1 on formatting and publishing
- Volume 2 on marketability and marketing
- 4-in-1 Boxed set includes both volumes and more
- Kindle Formatting Magic (coming soon)
Follow me at WordPress, find my author page on Facebook, or connect with me through Twitter.