I’m very curious about this.
If you’re a writer and you have any superstitions, quirks, or rituals that relate to writing, please take a moment to share them.
Or if you know a writer with such habits, please share them.
Let me suggest a few examples for you to consider while think about this:
- Do you check every chapter to make sure that it doesn’t have 13 pages?
- Do you refuse to wash your underwear until the book is finished? (Well, that might explain why writing tends to be such a solitary experience…)
- Do you read your horoscope before you decide to write that day?
- Do you use a Ouija board to help get book ideas?
- Do you insist on ending every book on page 451 (hoping that sales will be ‘on fire,’ in degrees Fahrenheit)?
- Do you walk precisely one mile on the treadmill for every page you write?
Well, then, what do you do?