You might be a writer if…
- Some of your best ideas were originally written on napkins, Kleenex, or toilet paper.
- You wake up at three in the morning and sneak out of bed to spend a couple of hours alone with your computer.
- When people act like jerks, you appear to handle it maturely, then secretly fashion characters after them to exact your revenge.
- You pull over to the side of the road a few times each week to jot down ideas for your book.
- A family member interrupts your work to ask you a simple question and you turn into a screaming lunatic.
- The most fulfilling conversations you have are between you and your imaginary muse.
- When your lucky underwear really stinks, friends know you’ve been fortunate not to get any bad reviews for several weeks.
- You log into your publishing account while you’re eating lunch to check on your royalties.
- In the middle of the night, you wake up sweating with an irrational fear that some discovered your secret pen name.
- You routinely turn down invitations to parties in favor of working on your book.
Copyright © 2014 Chris McMullen