AUTHOR CENTRAL PEN NAME
Do you write under a pseudonym?
Do you write under a pen name in addition to your own name?
Do you write under multiple pseudonyms?
But, of course, you still want to setup an Amazon author page via Author Central.
Don’t worry. You can manage a pen name at Author Central.
You can associate up to three different names with a single Author Central account.
Here is how to claim books under a second name after you’ve already claimed books under one name:
- Log into Author Central (of course!).
- Click on the Books tab.
- Proceed to claim a book that you’ve written.
- Search until you find the book under your second name.
- Claim the book.
- Author Central should recognize the different name and prompt you.
- Click the option to add the pen name.
- Enter your pen name.
- When you see your name, click This is Mine (to the right).
Once your pen name is added to your Author Central account, the next step is to deal with your dual personality. Hee hee. 🙂
Here is how to switch between multiple names associated with a single Author Central account:
- Log into Author Central (I call this step Doh!).
- Click on your name (whichever of the names it is) in the top right corner.
- This will show your list of pen names.
- Click on one of your pen names.
- Now you can choose any of the tabs over to the left.
- When you want to switch pen names, just click on the name in the top right corner to select a different pen name.
Write happy, be happy. 🙂
Copyright © 2015
Chris McMullen, Author of A Detailed Guide to Self-Publishing with Amazon and Other Online Booksellers
- Volume 1 on formatting and publishing
- Volume 2 on marketability and marketing
- 4-in-1 Boxed set includes both volumes and more
Follow me at WordPress, find my author page on Facebook, or connect with me through Twitter.
Click here to jump to the comments section:
Thanks for the info. I’ve wondered if and how this could be done.
Simpler than creating separate accounts.
Hi Chris. This was helpful, although I’m not sure anymore that my ‘Pen’ name is not my only name since everyone calls me that for years now. My ‘legal’ name is different and I use that for my bank information, etc. I write and paint under what you would call my ‘Pen’ name. So, if I go by that name everywhere now, is it still considered a pen name as long as it’s not ‘legally’ changed?
At Author Central, it doesn’t really matter unless you publish in a different name than the system expects (or if you publish under two or more different names). If publishing at Amazon, use your legal name for account info when setting up your account, but your pen name for your author name whenever you publish a book. Regarding copyright, copyright.gov has a page devoted to pen names.
Reblogged this on MARSocial Author Business Enhancement Dragon Post.
Thank you for the reblog. 🙂
I know somebody who writes under 11 different names, but I’m sure he must have different accounts (and publishes in different places too). I’ve been thinking about giving it a go…
That’s a lot to keep track of. 🙂
Reblogged this on Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog and commented:
FYI – Thanks to Chris McMullen 😀
Thank you. 🙂
Great info. I’m glad I wrote and originally signed in with my pen name, sheesh, an author’s work is never done. 🙂
It’s a good thing we don’t realize that when we start out. 🙂
Reblogged this on The Way of the Storyteller:.
Thank you. 🙂
Thanks, Chris, for sharing this helpful information. 🙂
You’re welcome, Suzanne. 🙂